DoubleTalkWireless Forum Index DoubleTalkWireless

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reference (ACCESS CODES AND PASSWORD TO EMMA'S SITE)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoubleTalkWireless Forum Index -> ACCESS CODES/Quick Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojojojo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reference (ACCESS CODES AND PASSWORD TO EMMA'S SITE) Reply with quote

References

Last Updated: 21/11/06

None of the below information is spoilered, because if you have read the book and examined the clues, you should know all this already.

The list below is all the things we know so far from reading the book:

Telephone numbers: (Access codes have been spoilered)

• Cathy: 650-266-8233 1234

• Emma: 650-266-9240 3030
• Victor: 415-356-9853 5555
• Tsao: 646-218-1289 2486
• Bianca: 510-286-7995 1111
• Carla: 408-236-2161 1493
• Carla @ Work: 408-236-3715
• Chang Kuo Lao: 314-994-1264

Sites you may want to have a look at:

Advertising

Cathy’s Book Homepage: This is a sort of advertisement for the safe return of the book.

UK version of the site Very pretty!

YouTube Video: Incredibly pretty YouTube video, giving details of the book.

Cathy's link to a trailer for the book. Useful for dragging your mates down the rabbit hole! Very Happy

In-Game Sites

There may be plenty more in-game sites to be found!

DoubleTalk Wireless: You need an answer to the secret question to enter Emma’s private site. Before you read the spoiler, go back to when Cathy first met Victor. What is 600k and in a frame?
It’s the painting by Chagall, "Cemetery Gates"

Lucky Fortune - The website that you find out about by calling Chang Kuo Lao's number. This site gives important info about Cathy and Victor when you enter their birthdays. Cathy's is Feb. 9, 1986 and Victor's is July 13, 1984. You may also like to try the date Michael Vickers died.

Edit 11/11/06: Lucky Fortune site finally fixed their mistake about Victor's birth year. It comes up correctly now when you type in July 13, 1984 instead of the 1980 one.

Intrepid Biotech: The company Victor works/worked for.

Cathy’s MySpace

Emma’s MySpace

Cathy's AIM page

Victor's AIM page

(Although the AIM pages and MySpace pages are classed as in-game, please note that any messages left on the pages should be treated as out of game.)

Out of Game sites, but still good to look at.

Dyskeratosis Congenita: The site that Emma linked when messaging over AIM with Cathy.

The website of Musee Mecanique Place that Cathy mentions in the book which is googable.

Review of the Angkor Wat Restaurant: The place where Victor and Cathy went on their first date.

Chateau Petrus, 1945: Turns out that this wine is worth around $3000!!!

The battle at Alashgerd that Victor mentions on his and Cathy's date.

The Eight Immortals Wikipedia page

The Hell Bank Notes Wikipedia page

Peaches in Asian Tradition Wikipedia page

( Smile Special thanks to Koranity and echidna for helping me compile this list! Smile )

Frequently Asked Questions:

(This is just a breif set of questions that seem to be cropping up alot on the forums. I intend to keep adding to this post, so if anyone else has any additions, or wants to help, please do!)

What am I supposed to be doing? Are we trying to find Victor or Cathy or what?
Truth be known, we don’t actually know what we are supposed to be doing exactly. At this moment in time, we are trying to gather as much information as possible from deciphering the clues.

I don’t understand! It says on the family tree that Giselle was married to Nathan. Who is Nathan?
In order to keep his condition a secret, Victor has had to become different aliases to conceal his true age.

He was originally born James Wu. His brother John, died in a factory accident. A horrific accident which James was involved in, but miraculously survived. (See the newspaper clipping) His sister Frances, was aware of his condition and protected his secret. (See the brown letter.)

Somewhere along the line, James left his wife Penny, to start a new alias. Later, he became Nathan, who was a descendant of his sister Frances. After marrying Giselle, she was killed in an accident. His daughter Bianca was sent to live with his sister Frances. (See blue letter.) He became Evan Chan. (See the postcard) When it became time again, he became Victor Chan, son of his own daughter. (See the birth certificate.)

Who is David Parkinson?
David Parkinson is the county clerk that provided Victor with a new birth certificate. On January 28th, Victor made and entry in his planner to call David Parkinson. The current theory is that David Parkinson is also aware of Victor’s condition, and provides him with new documents when necessary. Interestingly, he is also the Doctor that signed Cathy’s father’s death certificate. This may be coincidence, but we must also ask ourselves, how can a man of 38 die of a heart attack? Was his heart condition real? (Credit to duckiemonster, for spotting this.)

Who is Tsao?
Tsao is Victor’s “uncle”. We also know that he is one of the eight immortals. Read page 141 of the book for some clarification. Smile

Last edited by jojojojo on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 am; edited 3 times in total
HELLO!MyNameIs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this helps clear up a LOT of stuff....mucho helpful. thanks!
********WOoT********
Tooey13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg..thank you SO much!! i just got the book and i had NO clue what 2 do...lol
Halie 3136

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks This helped a WHOLE LOT!!!!!! Mr. Green
Neena

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: ok...access code not workin.. Reply with quote

ok...problems! i don't know HOW to enter the access codes.. you push the astrix and then enter in the 4 digit number right? do you have to push something else after you enter the code or what cuz nothing is working and i'm getting frustrated. i just got the book and i'm still trying to listen to carla's messages but the code isn't working. any help would be greatly appreciated.

wait...i'm calling from my cell...does that make any difference?
iheartpngwnz
Explainer Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please place further questions in the help secction.

I do not beleive that you need to dail an astix, only the four digit code. try that, and if you are still having problems with your phone, try using the check messeges part of the site accessed from the home page.
someday i'll find you mooooooning
at your front do-oor
AT MY FRONY DO-OOR
Neena

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: tanky tanky Reply with quote

sry bout that. i'm just using the check messages thing on the homepage of doubletalk. oh and thanks so much for the help with this reference page! i really appreciate it!
annak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: how can a man of 38 die of a heart attack? Reply with quote

this - ''how can a man of 38 die of a heart attack?'' isnt all that mysterious cause my grandfather died at 36 of a heart attack.. soo. this is a cool site though!! thanks
smartgrrl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here and I have a few questions. Can I still call those numbers even thought I live in Canada? And are those numbers free to call? ie. they are not long distance are they =S? And i don't have to call from a cell right?
Datango
Pillar of the Community

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartgrrl wrote:
I'm new here and I have a few questions. Can I still call those numbers even thought I live in Canada? And are those numbers free to call? ie. they are not long distance are they =S? And i don't have to call from a cell right?

Yes you can still call the numbers but they are not free to call, but you can obtain the same information by using the Check Messages section of this site which is free to use
smartgrrl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
LAURENxx12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: jojojojo Reply with quote

omg! i didnt think dtbb hat forums, im soo glad because cheat site dont have stuff, thanks for all the access codes and stuff. ive been dying to find em, but im not a good detective.
THANKS!!!
=)
Massie101
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks this helps a lot Very Happy
Punkippie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really helps... I've been nearly pulling my hair out trying to find what codes go to what numbers.
hannah1495

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you enter in the Check Messages section of this website? I.E. What number? Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoubleTalkWireless Forum Index -> ACCESS CODES/Quick Reference All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: